Who we Are
The Management Committee is elected from representatives of associations and clubs in Tywyn, and representatives of Tywyn Town Council. Eight members of this committee make up the trustees of the charity, including the chairman,vice chairman, secretary and treasurer.
Use of Centre
Rooms of varying size are available for hire by groups, public or businesses, or the whole of the premises can be hired. See Hire Fees page for costs and also please read Conditions of Hire..
History of the Building
When first built in Brook Street, Tywyn in around 1912 it was for use as a Drill Hall for the Territorial Army. Since that time Neuadd Pendre has seen many different uses - army foot drill and weapons training; sports;leisure and social activities such as whist drives; Bingo sessions, small bore rifle club range, committee meetings and, in fact, anything that the hall and its rooms could be used for.
Of course, dances were very popular indeed during the war years and the hall heard many different languages spoken by the many thousands of British and foreign service personnel stationed in and around Tywyn. It eventually became the responsibility of Tywyn Town Council and in 1971 the charitable trust which manages the venue today was establihed. The council were committed to its use as a youth club, and this policy continues.
Following the successful application for a National Lottery grant from the Arts Council for Wales, extensive work has been carried out in the hall's extension and refurbishment and in the installation of John Smallwood's private Wurlitzer Theatre Organ which is becoming known nationwide as The Tywyn Wurlitzer.